Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Some quick pics of what's been going on around here:
Some Christmas decoration failures and frustrations. Lily is starting to take some steps. She is surprisingly cautious and deliberate so she's not really just taking off, more like slowly and carefully taking little steps and then freaking out and wanting to be held because she's not sure what's going on. Ah, changes...Don't let the picture fool you (because she really looks like a walking girl!), she mostly just stands there, maybe takes one step, and then either gets down and crawls away as fast as she can or clings to my legs until I pick her up.
And I've been busy, busy, busy with more projects than I can handle right now. Here is a sweater vest for a friend's 4 1/2 year old daughter (i.e. huge and making me arthritic):
This is my first time knitting a cable pattern though so that part is fun. :) And some baby shoes! I've started making slippers out of old wool sweaters. I finished these the other day and they are super thick and squishy soft, with a nice black suede bottom:
And I may have made a little red pair for a certain someone:
Stay tuned for snow pics! We're in the middle of a mini-blizzard right now so once it settles down a bit we'll probably take Lily out for her first big snow experience.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh...I want some of those slippers! I can probably bring you about 20 old wool sweaters for the use in making them, as well. You're such a talented creatrix. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the slippers! They look nice & cozy & cute! =)

    ReplyDelete