Thursday, July 23, 2009

No New Pictures Yet

I'll try to update with some pics soon. I'll have to stage some kind of Lily photo shoot because otherwise I might end up just having to post pictures of nasty diapers, etc. :)

It's pouring rain outside and I love it. I should be cleaning or sewing but I decided to try to relax instead. Lily is napping. We were up and at 'em this morning to get to her appointment by 9 (sometimes I wonder why I chose a pediatrician on the other side of town). Anyway, here's the verdict, for now: chronic diarrhea of infancy. Sounds about as fun and fabulous as it feels, I think. She had gained 6 ounces since she was there last (Wednesday, I think?), so that was good. They think she may have picked up some kind of virus, not kicked it very fast, and now is having ongoing diarrhea and gut issues that will most likely last a total of 6 weeks or so. When the doctor said 6 weeks I wanted to just plop down in a chair and cry. I am tired of having to wonder at 3 AM whether I should just give the poor baby a bath because she's had such a blowout in her pajamas. :( And seeing her so uncomfortable is just heartbreaking. So, I'm supposed to keep breastfeeding as usual but rather than sticking to her occassional bananas and rice cereal for solids I'm supposed to feed her more solids, especially proteins. This frustrates me to no end because she's just not digesting any solids I do try to feed her (except the bananas and cereal have been ok). I tried to feed her some sweet potatoes yesterday and they just went right through her. Gross, I know... Oh well.

Anyway, she really is doing well apart from all poop issues, so I will try to get some pics and/or video of the adorable, mobile Lily soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment