Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Almost May! Yay!

We have had some cold, nasty weather, but May is just around the corner and I could not be happier about that. My birthday, *real* spring weather, strawberries, the list goes on and on... And my Lily of the Valley are blooming! Transplanted from kjk's yard, even. :)

It's hard to post here about anything because (as I've said way too many times) it's difficult to wrangle Lily and take pictures at the same time. You may notice that a lot of the pictures I do post include Anna. That's because when Anna is with us she does the wrangling while I try to take pictures. Sometimes we both fail, though. :) Like today, Lily was roaming around the chicken (and now duck) house and this was the only picture I managed to get:
Anna was busy getting the chicks fresh water, while Lily was busy falling on her butt in a pile of straw and chicken poop. She didn't mind, though. And then we said goodbye to the piglets who are all going to new homes tomorrow. And Jehu the giant horse could not get enough of Lily. :)
So unfortunately all of my posts for the last I don't even know how long have been about the farm. But that's pretty much all we do. Lily has an intense love of animals. There will be a new batch of piglets any day now, and another litter of kittens. It is definitely spring. :)

I have also been busy listing some of my fabric for sale on ebay and elsewhere. Hopefully raising some money to pay some battery-swallowing bills or something. I still have an obscene amount of fabric, and no time to sew. Though I did agree to make this bag for a friend:

So if it turns out alright I may post pics. We'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment