Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Warmin' Up!

I guess summer is here, because it's supposed to be 92 today. I sent Benjamin out bright and early this morning to pump up Lily's new giraffe pool. Lily climbed right in after breakfast. :)No water yet, though. Then she sat and pointed at all of the ants (or "nits!" in Lily-speak) in it while I tried to fill it. Ants literally rain down from that tulip poplar you see there. Kind of a problem...
So I moved the pool up near the shed. I filled it to give it some time to warm up, so maybe she'll get to play in it after her nap.

Then we went strawberry picking with Anna.
At first Lily just wanted to pick the strawberries out of the filled container and put them in the empty one.
And then eventually she figured out what was going on and tried her best to help. She picked the most moldy, squishy, bug-infested berries, and then lots of little tiny, baby, still-white berries. Anna's theory was that Lily was just giving some love to the berries that no one else wanted. :)
Anna and Lily are such peas in a pod. :) Here they are saying hi to the farm dog.
We didn't stay long because it was so hot and Lily was turning very pink (despite being slathered in SPF 70) so I was getting nervous. So we came home, chugged some water, and now she's sleeping.

PS- Please note that Anna's arm is now bandage-free. She had her PICC line taken out on Friday, and so far is doing very well. :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. There are some great pictures here. Lanie, can you include yourself in a picture somehow sometime? :) I like the video clips, but I was missing the still photos, because those are the ones I use for the "antiquated" Web PC we have at the office. That PC doesn't do videos. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some Neutrogena SPF 100 the other day and got really excited...if I see it again, I'll pick some up to share with Lils...I think we're the same shade of instant-burn pale. :-)

    Also, love the giraffe pool! A little concerned about the state of our world that there has to be so many disclaimers and safety warnings printed on the side of an inflatable kid's pool shaped like a silly zoo animal, though. :-/

    ReplyDelete