Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pictures Don't Do Her Justice

I've been feeling guilty for not having updated recently. Part of it was not knowing where the camera was (bottom of the diaper bag, it turns out), and part of it was not really knowing what I could even take pictures of. Lily does not sit still, ever. And pictures could could not possibly capture anything about her current self. She's feeling/doing much better. She's now sleeping in her room full time, including nights. And the pooping seems to be back to normal, so she's back in cloth diapers (hence the weird outfits have returned, as seen in the video to follow :P). Also, she is constantly babbling.

My mom said months ago that she thinks Lily will be a chatterbox. I agree with her more every day. She loves (and tries to say) pattycake. She also says some form of mama, dada, and kitty. We're pretty sure kitty is her first word. (Again, it's just babbling so it's hard to tell, but after about 30 times of hearing her say "kee-kee" when a cat comes into view, and asking ourselves and each other if she just said kitty, I guess the answer is yes.)

Anyway, here she is playing this morning. I took this video with the regular camera so it's not great quality, but she had been making this growling noise for a while and I wanted to make sure I got it on here to share with everyone:

She recently brought the Jungle Bird back into her vocabulary, so that's been interesting. But the growling is really the ultimate Lily noise. I was just remembering this morning how my good friend Kelly named Lily "tiny dino" when I first found out I was pregnant. I had no idea at the time that I might actually give birth to a baby dinosaur.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad her first word was "kee-kee." :-) She's a woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrrawr!!! Do you think it's all the grumbling and growling we used to do here whilst working that made her so growly? Or is she just trying to live up to "Tiny Dino?" (I totally forgot about that, btw)!

    ReplyDelete