Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Trouble With Girls

Sorry for the lack of pictures recently. It's awfully hard to keep Lily fed, changed, napped, not drowning in cat hair in a filthy house, and entertained well enough that I get the opportunity to find the camera (assuming it's charged), take a picture of her doing something, remember to post it, yada yada...

Anyway, I was just thinking about how I wish I could knit. I think I knit a small scarf once, when I was maybe 12. My grandmother taught me how. But I never learned how to "cast on" or whatever is needed to actually start a project. And I'm sure I could learn. But then I realized that I'm insane to even think about this. I have a million sewing projects going at any given time, so many of which will probably never be finished. I have an embroidery machine that doesn't get nearly as much use as it deserves. And yet I want to knit? It's crazy! But I see things like this and I go nuts! There are just way too many cute girly things out there. I did order this cute outfit from a nice lady in Montana who gave me a great deal on it:

Also, I meant to wish everyone a happy Fastnacht Day on Tuesday but never got around to it. My mom celebrated by making her awesome potato donuts. We were going to go down to her house to join in the fun but I knew they wouldn't be finished until nearly 11 pm (and with Lily's recent sleeping pattern of waking every 2 hours or so from 9 to 4:30 and then being up for the day!) I just knew we couldn't do it. Zoe sent me some great cell phone pictures though of donuts rising on nearly every surface in mom's kitchen. Maybe next year Lily will get to eat one. And I'll eat five. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment