Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lots of Progress, No Good Pictures

Yesterday I officially made the decision to stay home with the baby rather than return to work later this month. I don't really like the "stay at home mom" term because the idea of staying at home with the baby all the time sounds like a recipe for a disastrous depression for me, so I guess I'd prefer to say I decided to become a "haul the kid all over town mom". Haul is the appropriate word, too, because she's weighing in at 12.8 lbs now. Her arms and legs are super chunky but I really do think that her cheeks make up a significant portion of her weight.

And one final update on my being supermom: I ordered some cloth diapering stuff from Amazon last night so we're gonna give that a try for a while. It could get ugly... :) I'm actually not as concerned with the mess and the additional laundering as I am with the prospect of her having a really bulky butt and not looking as cute in her clothes. So even though I don't have any cute pictures to post today, do expect some interesting cloth-diapered-butt photos sometime next week.

1 comment:

  1. We have been praying with you about your working situation. We are thankful that you have been able to make a decision. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Enjoy being a haul the kids all over town mom. :)

    ReplyDelete