Thursday, January 15, 2009

Scrubby Snow Day

UPS says I'm not getting the Blueberry diapers I was expecting today because of "inclement weather". We got a dusting of snow overnight, but maybe it was worse in other parts of PA. It's fine though, since I'm still working on the best wash routine for the BumGenius diapers I already have. It's really a detergent issue- most detergents leave residue on the diapers that cause problems with wicking and absorbancy, etc. There are lots of websites with recommendations for cloth diaper laundering but it seems that there's not really any right way to do it. Everyone kind of develops their own complicated system and there's no perfect detergent to use (especially not one that would be conveniently available here). Anyway, I think I've settled on Purex Free and Clear for now. We'll see how that goes...

Earlier I was wondering when Lily will start to notice the cats. She usually spots me as soon as I walk into a room. If she's laying on the floor or on the bed she'll wiggle around and crane her neck so she can watch me as I fuss about the room doing stuff. But I'm her favorite thing in the world. (Well, next to her hands... she really loves those.) Anyway, she's very alert and aware and interactive, but hasn't really ever looked at the cats. But they mostly avoid her, too. Jelly, however, thinks that Lily's bedroom is hers. We've tried to prevent it, but I think it's a lost cause.

And here's what Lily was doing just before I sat down to post this:

If it weren't for the BabyBjorn I'd never get anything done around the house. And it's even better when she falls asleep in it (note the fist to the mouth).

1 comment:

  1. You need to come up with some LOLcats-type captions for the picture of Jelly in the crib. That's a hilarious picture.

    Also, sorry UPS is losers -- it's annoying when you're home all day expecting a package to make things more exciting and then you find out it's not going to get there. I distinctly remember that's what grad school was like for me. :-)

    Hope you're having a good day -- don't go out if you don't have to; it's freeeeeezing!

    ReplyDelete